So here goes. Some of these are pretty funny... others leave a bit to be desired. And if you know of more (or have favorites of your own) send them my way and I'll add them...
Songs about Clouds
- Get Off Of My Cloud - The Rolling Stones
- Clouds - The Jayhawks
- Clouds - Django Reinhardt (awesome rendition w/a Spanish guitar)
- Clouds - The Go-Betweens
- Clouds - The Submarines
- In The Clouds - The Cult
- Death Cloud - Cloud Control
- Cloudy - Average White Band (not the greatest audio/video)
Other (mostly funny) songs about IT
- Nerd Lust - Schaffer & The Darklords
- She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby -
- Nrrrd Grrrl - MC Chris. Hi-grade lyrics. Low budget production.
- (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar -The Guild
- The SysAdmin Song - Wes Borg - A classic.
- IT Administration Song – To the tune of “A few of my favorite things”
- The Computer Song – Dare you to memorize all of these acronyms. And this was just 2007.
- Cookie Computer Song – Classic Sesame Street. Primitive. 1974!
- Happy System Administrator Day - (one of my fave Animes) Features “The SysAdmin Song” above
- Networking Tips – Don’ts - Sheryl Nicholson (a short Hip-Hop style interlude)
- Object-oriented Programming Song - #7 - from Design Minstrel (great lyrics, horrific delivery)
- The Computer Scientist - Code Play (awesome indie creation. but delivery also leaves something to be desired)
- The Computer Error song - A fun sampling/mashup... or listen to the remix. (Windows listeners only) Maybe this'll be the V0geball psyche-up tune next year.
- The Day the Routers Died – Had to end with this one from RIPE 55 conference, 2007. Freakin' brilliant tribute to IPv6. Not sure who sang, tho. But picture a room full of geeks singing the final stanza...